Fun @ the Zoo Quilt
What better gift for a toddler than to present a handmade quilt blanket as a symbol of well wishes from the family!
- Cute hand drawn-like animals like alligators, elephants, giraffes, etc among the colorful flowers. This quilt may bring your child to explore the wonders of the zoo in his/her dreamland.
- Suitable for toddlers or simply to drape it over your small couch for a cozy touch.
- We use 100% natural cotton batting to make sure it is light, soft, cuddly and relatively breathable for our weather
- Free personalized message on the quilt if it is a gift for someone. See picture for the format.
The message is within the area 4” by 4”.
- Size of the quilt is about 36” x 47”
- Machine Washable and Machine Dryable
Get your Fun @the zoo Quilt Blanket before it’s gone!
- There may be a slight variation of the fabric colors due to the setting of computer/mobile phone screen.
- There may be a slight variation to the size of the item due to it being handmade.
Check out our Return & Exchange policy here.
Origin of Quilt blanket
To welcome and celebrate a new life, there is a tradition in the northern part of China to make a Bai Jia Bei/Bai Na Bei (lit. translated as “one hundred families quilt“), also known as the 100 Good Wishes Quilt. It is a custom to invite friends and family to contribute a patch of cloth with a wish for the baby. Part of the patch of cloth goes into the quilt for the baby, and the other part of the cloth can go into a creative memory notebook with the wish for the child. The quilt contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the families and friends who contributed a piece of fabric. Generations then passed down the quilt.
Over the years, this tradition has lost its significance in the Chinese households due to cultural influences and economic advancement. Quilters who were mainly women then, are now more highly educated and making their marks in the corporate world. They no longer have much time to learn to quilt. Though not all traditions are relevant and worth keeping, making the 100 Good Wishes Quilt is definitely one of the few to keep. It represents the love of family and friends for the newborn and the celebration of a precious new life!
1 in stock